Is it Time to Replace Your Heating System?
Your heating system is an essential part of your home, and when running properly, it provides trouble-free heat all winter long. But what if you’re constantly calling your HVAC technician to fix and repair it — does that mean it’s time for a new heating system? Below we’ll outline 5 signs that tell you it may be time to replace your heating system.
- Your energy bills are skyrocketing: Just like the weather, energy bills are prone to fluctuation. That being said, when you start noticing abnormal jumps in energy costs that you don’t think are related to weather changes, it may be time to call in a technician and discuss your options.
- Strange noises and odors coming from your furnace: We all know that normal sounds of a furnace clicking on and off are part of owning one, but when you start hearing loud, odd sounding noises coming from it, it’s time to call an experienced HVAC professional. Foul odors emanating from your furnace warrant immediate attention from a professional. This can be a sign of a cracked heat exchanger, which could lead to a dangerous leak of carbon monoxide into the home.
- Constant major repairs: When your giant repair bills never seem to end, and you’re constantly dealing with breakdowns, it’s surely time to call in a professional and discuss and new heating system.
- Old age: A heating unit is a complex device that deals with high temperatures and other mechanical stressors. Over time, your unit become more susceptible to natural wear and tear, and eventually major breakdowns. If your unit is more than 10 years old, have it inspected carefully by a trusted technician.
5. Cracks and corrosion: If a visual inspection of your unit turns up cracks and corrosion, it may be time for a new unit.
Share a Tip with Us
Comfort Air Conditioning & Heating is one of Manhattan and Nassau County’s leading HVAC contractors. We offer a full range of air conditioning and heating services, including: installations, maintenance, 24 hour emergency service and so much more. Call our experts today at 516-799-0700. We’re A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau.